There are a lot of eReaders out there, but which ones can help you maintain your privacy? In this video I discuss what I personally use, and why I use the kobo clara HD.
Mobile privacy guide
How to bypass kobo account
- On Kobo screen, tap
Don't have a Wi Fi network?
- Attach kobo to computer with a USB cable.
- Open terminal and change to the Kobo directory:
sqlite3 KoboReader.sqliteIf you don't have sqlite3 installed you can download it from - https://www.sqlite.org/download.html
- Enter the following command and press enter -
INSERT INTO user(UserID,UserKey) VALUES('1','');.
- Enter the following command and press enter to exit the database -
- Eject the Kobo from your computer and you should see the main device screen.
How to remove Walmart/stock logo
On the boot screen, depending on where you purchased your device from you may see a random company logo (such as Walmart). The following will let you remove that branded logo.
- Connect your kobo to your computer with a USB cable.
- Double click the Kobo device to open the device folder.
- Make sure "hidden files/folders" are configured to show on your computer, select the
- Inside the
.kobofolder, open the file named
affiliate=walmart(or whatever company it says) to
affiliate=kobo. Save and exit the file.
- You should no longer see the affiliate logo when booting up your device.